Engaging in the Middle Way Sutra says:
These beings desire happiness,
And all human beings who are without wealth have no happiness.
Knowing that wealth comes from generosity,
Buddha spoke first of the practice of generosity
Our centre is reliant on donations to continue its day to day operations and to organize events for devotee's spiritual advancement and welfare.
The current centre was actually a bungalow that was bought and made over to the Buddhist centre it is today. With the passing of the years, the condition of the building has deteriorated and the current facilities are not sufficient to satisfy the needs of our congregation. Hence the launch of a building project to build a new centre building on our current land.
All donations are a contribution to the turning of the wheel of Dharma, and are all used for the purposes of propagating the Dharma.
Ways to Donate
You may donate through the following ways:
- Paypal (Credit Card payments are accepted through Paypal). Please use our online donation form to make donations. Please fill in the dedication form to dedicate your donations to the purpose you wish, e.g. operations, events, building fund.
- Cheque. Please write a crossed cheque made out to "Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre". You may bring the cheque personally to our centre or mail it to No. 38, Lorong 22 Geylang, Singapore 398695.
- Cash. Please come down personally to our centre to make cash donations.
- Bequesting in your will. Please consult with your attorney. You can name a specific amount, or assign a percentage of your total estate, or give a share of the remainder after gifts to your heirs.
- Bank Transfer. The following are details you require for bank transfer:
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Singapore
Bank account number: 114-308-353-0
Account Name: Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre
Bank Address: 80 Raffles Place, UOB Plaza 1, Singapore 048624
Bank Code: 7375
Branch Code: 014
Swift Code: UOVBSGSG
Are Donations to Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre Tax-Deductible?
They are not in Singapore. Although Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre is a registered charitable society with charity registration number , it is however not an Institute of Public Character (IPC). In Singapore, only donations to IPCs and to the Singapore Government are tax-deductible.
For overseas donors, please check the policies of your government. We can assist with providing proofs of donation.