Written by Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre
Sunday, 25 March 2012 05:26
Welcome to Karma Kagyud Buddhist Centre!
As a newcomer, you may feel at a loss as to how best to progress spiritually, find out about the centre and contribute to the centre.
These are just tips to help you out, you can click on the links to visit relevant pages in our website for more information.
For Beginners to Buddhism
The Golden Garland of Karma Kagyud Lineage (English) (Mandarin)
Tibetan Terms and Phrases
Vajrayana Puja Elements
- Consultation with Rinpoche
- Ask Rinpoche questions to clarify doubts about Buddhism and to get his guidance on how to practice.
- Attend Teachings
- Teachings are free and open to public. As a beginner, it is very important to listen to teachings. After listening, you should contemplate on what you have heard and seek to understand. At the last step, practice diligently what you learnt.
- Read and Study Buddhist Books
- Biographies - The life stories of our lineage masters serve as a great inspiration for your practice and there is much to learn from them.
- Lamrim (Graduated Path towards Enlightenment) - These great works point out step by step how to progress towards enlightenment and are true treasures. Lamrim texts include "A Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment" by Atisha, "Letter to a Friend" by Nagarjuna, "Jewel Ornament of Liberation" by Gampopa, "Words of My Perfect Teacher" by Patrul Rinpoche, "Torch of Certainty" by Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche and "The Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path of Enlightenment" by Tshongkhapa.
- Join our Weekly and Monthly Practices
- These important practices of our lineage are led by veteran devotees who will guide you along.
- Join our Centre's Events
PARTICIPATE OR CONTRIBUTE
- Join Our Centre's Membership
- Enjoy discounts for services, classes and products at Sonam Cafe, privileged booking for pilgrimages, decide our centre's future by voting or join our management committee and more!
- Help Out
- Volunteer - Make many new friends, learn new skills while you accumulate merits.
- Donate - Our centre depends solely on contributions for its operations, your generosity will help to benefit all the devotees from the propagation of Dharma.
- Fulfill our Wish-List - There are some groceries and other consumables which centre use up quickly or in large quantity. Your item sponsorship will come in very handy. Please contact our administrator at 67491103 to sponsor.
- Receive e-Newsletter, SMS - Sign up at our home page to receive e-Newsletter. Call our administrator at 67491103 or email to
to sign up and receive news by SMS.
- Like our Facebook Page
Last Updated on Sunday, 21 April 2013 02:46